- Take a friend. Its always beneficial to grab a pal and scope out the deals and nibble (read: over indulge) on the tasters, but stick to one or two people. Having too many opinions can be overwhelming. Make sure you bring someone supportive who will help keep you focused and not tempt you to blow your budget. You can bring your fiancé, but don’t make any solid decisions at the show, collect ideas, business cards and discuss options later.
- Go in with an Open Mind & Collect Business Cards. Only take business cards of those you are really interested in or mark on the card if they are a key contender. This will help you with = the after-show discussion of who to follow-up with.
- Create Name & Address Labels/Stickers. This is a great way to speed up your trip and easy way to enter all the contests! You never know what you could win! (We just gave away an engagement shoot this past Bridal Show – awesome huh?!) It’s way easier to slap on a label than have to write out the same info 20 or so times. Most vendor ballots will ask for: your name, e-mail, phone number, #of guests attending your wedding and wedding date (if you know it).
- Be HONEST about your BUDGET. If you are working with a budget let the vendor know. Remember, it’s a bridal SHOW; vendors are showing off what we can do and therefore usually showcasing our best items or menus which can be pricey. See what is offered in your price range. We are always willing to accommodate you and work with your budget to create something perfect for you. You are going to want everything at the bridal show. Pick and choose what you want most and see what deals are being offered.
- ASK QUESTIONS. It is astounding how many brides walk by and take pamphlets and don’t ask any questions. Don’t be intimidated by vendors. See what can we do for you/offer you! You are here for a service and deals. Many companies offer incredible Bridal show special or create a bridal show coupon for the event. Ask what pricing is like at peak season and OFF season. Remember, every vendor has a slow season and is more likely to have specials at that time to get business! They need you as much as you need them.
Side note: We are always are offering a Bridal Show Special for new wedding bookings and a Bridal Shower Special every time we do our Fall, Winter & Spring Bridal Show Tours. Ask us what deals we currently have or are offering when you see us!
- Grab, enter, and chat! This one is a no brainer. Grab as much free stuff as you Can – grab bags, pens, samples, coupons, brochures, shirts – we bring it for you to take! Enter the draws! Mingle with the vendors who you are interested in and ask if they have any deals that would be helpful for you. Remember that if you mingle with us, we are more likely to remember you! We enjoy chatting and building a relationship with you. Let us know what your dream day is and we’ll tell you how to make it happen. Make it personal.
- Keep a Folder/Binder of all of the brochures. It is good to keep the brochures and info vendors give you until you know for sure you’re not going to use them but find a way to highlight who is really on your wish list.
- Have fun!