Simplistic, sweet with champagne giggles – an interview with Colleen and Anthony!
Hands down one of the sweetest couples to have danced the night away in The Grand Ballroom – Colleen and Anthony! We absolutely adored Colleen and Anthony’s minimalist nuptials in our LIUNA Station venue – a perfect pairing. A gorgeous wedding, filled with dreamy fall hues, lush florals and tons of smiles – that had us all swooning! Here’s how they made their day perfectly theirs!
1. What creative influence was behind your décor theme?
We wanted our wedding to be minimalistic and elegant to complement the venue.
2. How was the process when bringing it to life?
Our florist, Fiori Oakville really brought the vision to life with the colour scheme in the bouquets and simplicity of the centrepieces/receiving room decor. We also purchased all our stationary through Etsy where we were able to design exactly what we wanted.
3. What ballroom did you choose and why?
We chose The Grand Ballroom to accommodate our guest list and have a spacious dance floor, as well as access to the foyer and bar area.
4. What was it like working with our facility co-ordinators and vendors?
We had a great experience working with Nicole (LIUNA Station’s one of a kind event coordinator) and DJ Emporium DJ Emporium.
5. What would you do differently?
Nothing! Everything went perfectly.
6. How did you decide on your menu?
We were drawn to LIUNA Station because we had gone to weddings there and the food was amazing! We knew we wanted the Supreme Antipasto bar as soon as we booked the venue.
7. What was your dessert table like?
We had a beautiful cake from MollyCake and some adorable mini pastries on the moonlight buffet.
8. Favourite part about having your wedding at LIUNA?
Kaitlyn, our day of coordinator and Tony our MC did a great job making sure everything ran smoothly so we didn’t need to focus on anything else but enjoying ourselves.
9. Most memorable moment of the day?
We popped a bottle of champagne for a photo and Anthony accidentally spraying it all over the bridal party.
10. 3 words to describe your bridal party?
Fun, caring and hilarious.
11. One piece of advice you’d offer to another bride and groom who are starting the planning process?
Try not to stress over every little detail, in the end everyone is there to celebrate you and nothing else matters.
Stay tuned for weekly blog updates and make sure to follow us on LIUNA Station’s Facebook and Instagram and LIUNA Gardens’ Facebook and Instagram as we deliver fresh content to inspire, excite and assist as you plan your dream event.
From all of us at LIUNA Events, thank you for following along!
Contact LIUNA Station