‘Tis the season for never ending holiday gatherings and meals upon meals! Honour the holiday season with a roundup of some of our favourite holiday meals. We have linked out Food Network’s recipe to follow during this busy season. Remember if you can’t simply find the time or energy to prepare a lavish holiday feast, let us host one for you! Liuna Station’s Executive Chef specializes in fine, Italian cuisine, but can accommodate other customized menu requests. Spoil yourself and loved ones over the holiday season with the below holiday meal ideas:
- The classic turkey might be daunting for some, but luckily our good friend Jamie Oliver has put together a simple recipe to follow to ensure everyone enjoys this classic over the holiday season.
- Roasted beef tenderloin with roasted pepper and black olive sauce this twist to the traditional turkey meal will still give the gift of comfort and a full belly! Click the link to review Food Network’s easy recipe to follow.
- Mushroom-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin is a great option for readers who don’t like red meat. If you need a recipe, click here.
- Holiday Pasta is a great alternative, check out Rachel Ray’s recipe that mixes three different types of meat.
- Red Wine Risotto with Peas is a great option for our vegetarian readers or test out the classic shepherd’s pie without the meat!
- Add a twist to the traditional mashed potatoes and try Chestnut-Potato Puree.
- For a a great side with any holiday meal make a Cheese-Crusted Squash the salty and crunchy crust on seasonal acorn squash is a great option and can also be served as an appetizer.
- Stay healthy with making a side of Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Cranberries.
- The holidays wouldn’t be complete without some good old fashioned sugar cookies. Get creative and cut in festive shapes and decorate with colourful sprinkles!
- Why not bake your own gingerbread house and get loved ones together to decorate it!
- Chocolate fudge is another great treat to have over the holidays. Whether you keep them to serve to loved ones or give as a thoughtful gift. This simple but classic holiday treat will brighten everyone’s day.
Remember there is nothing wrong with having hors d’oeuvres for supper. The holidays are a busy time, and if you are not going somewhere for a big holiday feast, throw a bunch of your favourite hors d’oeuvres in the oven and voilá dinner is served!
Whatever you decide to prepare, we wish you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season! If you need inspiration to get into the holiday spirit, check out our sister blog Liuna Gardens post.
From all of us at Liuna Station, thank you for following along!